Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default New for me Jet DC 650

On 3/1/2014 2:31 PM, dadiOH wrote:
"woodchucker" wrote in message

Hey, my friend gave me his old Jet DC650.
It's the 30 micron size. So until I get a new job I'm not
putting a pleated filter on it.

I would like to use it for my planer, its the only
machine that I have a problem getting all the chips from.
He used this for sanding balsa dust and put it in another
room.
even after beating the bags outside this still blows a
ton of dust on start up.
Can I wash the bags?

They are cloth, right? Why *COULDN'T* you wash them?

Yes they are, but I have a robot for my pool, and that filter
specifically says not to wash the fabric, doing so will ruin the filter.

So I'm not sure about these filters. I suspect I can, but it might open
the weave, or close it off. Closing it wouldn't be too bad, but opening
it would be pouring gas on the fire.

--
Jeff