Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Was my house vibrating, or was it me?

Per The Daring Dufas:
Doesn't something like that happen to sailors? I seem to recall
something about the old time sailors spending a lot of time at sea on a
long voyage in the small ships having a problem when they came home to
dry land. Sea legs? The sailor becomes accustom to the motion of the
ship and perceives motion on land. ^_^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusions_of_self-motion

Now that you have mentioned it, I remember something like that after a
few hours on skates at a roller rink. Take the skates off, and there's
an adjustment period before you get your legs working right.
--
Pete Cresswell