Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair
Liam O'Connor Liam O'Connor is offline

Default How do we put icons in two places on ipad home screens?

On Sat, 01 Mar 2014 13:45:05 -0500, nospam wrote:

anyone who calls anything icrap is just a hater.

Well, if you were in the business, and if it kept causing
you wasted service calls, you'd probably think differently.

there is no evidence that ios devices have lousy radios.

I wonder if the FCC reports are available to the public?

A typical PC has a radio of receiver sensitivity of
something like -85dBm, and a radio transmit power of
something like 50mW and antenna gain of something like 1dBi.

It would be interesting to see what specs iPads iPhones have.

your isp installs wall mount access points?
usually they just give you a box and it sits on a table somewhere.

He's a local WISP.

For a new customer, he comes to the house, and then sites
his antenna on your roof or on a mast in the back yard so that
it points to his access point, which can be 20 miles away.

Then he drills the holes to get his wires from outside to
the inside, to your home broadband router, where he plugs in
his radio power-over-ethernet (POE) power supply.

At that point, he can leave ... or ... you can ask him to
extend the WiFi signal in your house. Normally he installs
dome-shaped repeaters which look just like ceiling lamps.

So, "my" Wisp has been to every home, and knows all of us
intimately. I talk to him probably once every few months,
about something or other. And, to repeat, he has definite
opinions about his customers who bother him when they can't
get signal after he has installed these wifi extenders, and
he tells me that they always on Apple equipment.

It's just one anecdotal datapoint though.

I'd prefer to see the FCC report on the iPad specs.