Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair
nospam[_3_] nospam[_3_] is offline

Default How do we put icons in two places on ipad home screens?

In article
hosting.com, Liam
O'Connor wrote:

Does Apple publish those numbers?

no, but older ios devices could run a wifi analyzer app that showed
actual signal strength numbers.

That's a good idea for comparison between two devices in your hand.

But, what we really need for comparison purposes is the true transmit
power (in mW or dB), antenna gain (in dBi), & receiver sensitivity
(in dBm).

which you'll never get for the base station. you may not even know
anything about the base station at all, other than it exists in the
building somewhere.

The FCC must have a record of these antenna and radio specs
because they are required by law for all devices sold in
the United States.

I'll see if I can figure out of the FCC database is available
to the public.

it's probably listed, but that's a lab test, not real world conditions.

the test is simple: connect to one or more of the networks listed in
android that are not listed in ios. do they work? if so, how well? how
reliable is it?

be sure to test a lot of them in many different locations to get an
overall idea of what is happening.