Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair
Liam O'Connor Liam O'Connor is offline

Default How do we put icons in two places on ipad home screens?

On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 23:34:48 -0500, nospam wrote:

how many of those could you reliably establish a connection and then do
something with it?

merely showing up in a list doesn't mean much if it's not usable.

This is a good and valid point.

I had also spoken (complained) to two people about this,
one of whom is actually my ISP, who said that he gets
frustrated when a customer can't connect to his wall and
ceiling mounted access points that he installs in the larger houses.

I trust his experienced judgement when he said he called them
iCrap. It was also his view that the iPad/iPhone equipment had
lousy radios (he called them "radios").

However, it would be nice to find a study that shows what
the true decibels of gain are for the iPad radio/antenna
combination, transmit power, and receive sensitivity.

Does Apple publish those numbers?