Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default Connector Question

On Sat, 01 Mar 2014 09:56:23 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Sat, 01 Mar 2014 09:51:05 -0700, Lord Valve
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Connector Question, What is this type of connector called, and where
do you get it...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/ConnectorQuestion.jpg

(in a ceiling fan)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |

Those are hoojangers, sometimes called doohickeys.

They're in the hell box. ;-)

Lord Valve
Jiveass

:-D

What I'm trying to do is cut lamps lose from the remote, so that the
lamps turn on and off via a wall switch.

Poking around in the guts I find a "DawnSun Power Limiter", which
might seem to be a dimmer (*). Anyone know about such things?

(*) Which seems sort of dumb... lamp is Halogen, and my understanding
is Halogen's when dimmed, suffer lifetime ??

...Jim Thompson

Hire an electrician. Anything much past 3.3 volts, you're a danger to the public
and yourself.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com