Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave W[_2_] Dave W[_2_] is offline

Default Semi with separate gutters, neighbour asking to join gutters

On Sat, 01 Mar 2014 11:48:40 +0000, David Hearn
wrote:

What do people recommend? Should we connect our guttering (assuming
it's possible) or keep separate? Is there a real chance of damp due to
the gap, or is it best to keep as-is?

Thanks

David

You're very lucky to have separate gutters. I live in a terraced house
second from the end, and the water from the one on the end has to
travel 4 houses to the nearest downpipe. The gutters drip a bit, and
water just sits there, so I reckon the downpipe is blocked.
--
Dave W