Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Was my house vibrating, or was it me?

On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 18:27:04 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 2/25/2014 11:11 AM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 10:08:58 -0500, Rebel1
wrote:

Any other theories as to why the house may have been vibrating,
especially for hours?

Sea Legs are Illusions of self-motion (*).

"Neural adaptation or sensory adaptation is a change over time in
the responsiveness of the sensory system to a constant stimulus. It
is usually experienced as a change in the stimulus." (**)

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusions_of_self-motion

** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aftereffect

After train rides I could still hear / feel the clacking of the
tracks for awhile. Same on long road trips where you might hear the
sounds of thumping when tires cross sections of the pavement.

I suppose log distance truck drivers get "road legs" and "road rash" on
their butts from sitting in the seat all day long? ^_^

TDD

Dunno. I thought long haul truckers got road roids.