Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Was my house vibrating, or was it me?

On 2/25/2014 9:08 AM, Rebel1 wrote:
After a 16-hour drive from Jacksonville, Florida, to central N.J., I
fired up my computer. While sitting at it, I sensed a vibration in
the floor of my slab home. Turned off the heating system, but the
vibration remained, not only in the computer room but in other rooms
and even outside on my front paver bricks. I pressed one ear against
a floor, but didn't hear anything out of the ordinary. I continued to
sense the vibrations for another two hours until I went to sleep.
When I awoke there were none.

My neighbor across the street said she didn't feel anything during
the hours I did.

I'm speculating that I had a slight wheel unbalance in my 2011 Camry.
During the times I felt a noticeable vibration, I attributed it to
bad road surfaces because it wasn't always present, even at the
higher 65-75 speeds I did most of the driving. At times, it was
hardly present. So even after arriving home and being on a solid
maybe my body was reacting to a prolonged exposure to a low-level
vibration.

I made at least eight rest stops, and one was at least 45 minutes for
a meal.

I arrived home at 11:00 p.m. on a Saturday, so any heavy-duty nearby
construction equipment should have been off.

Any other theories as to why the house may have been vibrating,
especially for hours?

For some reason, I started hearing Carole King singing. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGdyMgvRNEg

TDD