Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default anyone near a menards

On 2/28/2014 4:54 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Just so I'm clear and especially since you bring up hand issues...
When the corner brackets do not attach to the strapping, it can be very
frustrating because they will slip out of position as you are putting
them on the corners of your stock. When positioning, they are free to
slip off and you need to keep constant tension on the strap when
positioning each successive corner bracket. A real PITA.

When the corner brackets to attach to the strap it is still a PIA.
you have to realize you are trying to get the strap around, slightly
cinched quickly.. since you are holding your glue up together and don't
want to let that loose. Tape can only hold small items, not BIG ones.
So regardless of whether you use corners or not, the goal is to get the
unit tightened up enough that you can free your hands to work on the
getting the corners or other straps in place.

If I can simply put the band around, press the button to let the strap
autosize and then singlehandedly apply pressure, then wow, I can get
that clamped much more easily and with less cursing :-(

--
Jeff