Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Chainsaw recommendations

Gramps' shop wrote:
Well, that was a spirited discussion! I've decided on the Stihl
MS170. Thanks for all of the good recommendations -- and for
steering me away from some bad options. Buying this from a local
outdoor equipment company at about 30% off MSRP. It was his last
one.

Good for you Larry. That is a very good saw for light weight work and you
will not be disappointed in it at all. If you want to use it beyond it's
real design intent, just remember to go slow and easy - it will do it, just
don't try to push it hard at that point. If I can offer any user based
advise on that saw, just give a yell. But - I think you're really going to
love that saw. It's a great little saw.

--

-Mike-