Posted to rec.woodworking
Gramps' shop Gramps' shop is offline

Default Chainsaw recommendations

Well, that was a spirited discussion! I've decided on the Stihl MS170. Thanks for all of the good recommendations -- and for steering me away from some bad options. Buying this from a local outdoor equipment company at about 30% off MSRP. It was his last one.

Larry

On Sunday, February 23, 2014 1:52:40 PM UTC-6, Gramps' shop wrote:
I have infrequent need for a chainsaw and have a little McCullough electric that does OK. There are a couple of trees down in the back too remote for the electric and I'd like to have a gas saw to take advantage of found logs or limbs.

Since my use is infrequent, I don't want to invest too much. CL frequently has Poulans available. Here's an example: http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/tls/4346181306.html

Any thoughts?

Larry