Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.[_3_] Pete C.[_3_] is offline

Default Bridgeport "E" shaper head info needed...

Karl Townsend wrote:

snippage

I'd use regular gear oil. its just a low speed low pressure gear box.

The clapper design is particularly poor on this slotter. doesn't want
to snap back. then it will grab. I've found i need to "Help" it by
prying with a screw driver while its moving if you just want to shave
another thou or two. A MUCH stronger spring design would really help.

That's the reason it lives outside, not a very good tool. Still, its
the only answer sometimes. there's just not enough room in the heated
shop for all my toys.

Karl

Odd, it looks like a pretty simple and foolproof design. Have you
dismantled it to see if there is a chip jamming it up or something?