Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Bridgeport "E" shaper head info needed...

On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 10:45:42 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

What do you have for lube in the gearcase? I see they spec Mobil 600W
which is still available in expensive 5gal or larger. From what I see it
doesn't have a "common" cross reference as it's listed for steam
applications, but it seems outside of steam compatibility it's
essentially SAE 140 weight gear oil so I'm wondering if some good Mobil
synthetic gear oil would be an adequate substitute that I can get in
quart size.

See Mobil SHC 634. It's a synthetic commonly used in small worm gears.
McMaster carries it in quarts.

********************

Mobil Oil SHC 634 Synthetic Gear Oil, ISO 460, SAE 140, 32-oz
In stock1-5 Each $19.43
6 or more $17.49

2158K66

You ordered this on 10/07/09.

Extreme pressure additives strengthen these nondetergent oils to
withstand heavy loads found in gears and gear-drive systems. These
products are compliant under all state VOC rules in effect on October
1, 2010.

Mobil SHC—These oils are synthetic, which means less frequent oil
changes. Color is orange.ISO Grade 460
SAE Grade 140
AGMA Grade 7
Saybolt Seconds Universal @ 100° F 2,236