Posted to uk.d-i-y
george - dicegeorge george - dicegeorge is offline

Default Using foam offcuts for insulation?

On 17/05/13 13:28, John Rumm wrote:
On 17/05/2013 00:18, george - dicegeorge wrote:
I have many binbags and boxes of kingspan offcuts and expanding foam
trimmings,
Rather than bin them could I use them for insulation under floors?
But loosefill insulation comes in round granules,
wouldnt air currents make my offcut idea a waste of time?
Even if I cover it with rockwool?
What if I sandwich it in rockfill?
I hate throwing things away!

Granulate it and then set it in expanding foam ;-)

I'm using an Aldi garden shredder to granulate the kingspan offcuts
(bought it years ago but never used it in the garden cos it seemed too puny)
Now I've worked out its maximum input chunk size
its working well.

[g]