Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Burnt Outlet

"bud--" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 2/26/2014 1:23 PM, Robert Green wrote:
wrote in message
On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:59:43 AM UTC-5, Robert Green wrote:

Which brings up another subject. Today with my tong meter I realized

that
one side of the panel was pulling way more amps than the other.

How much is way much more?

From 11 to 15A

Doesn't sound like much unless it is a 60A panel. It will vary depending
on what is on anyway

Thanks. Just wasn't sure what the parameters/problems of unbalanced loads
were. Thanks to you and T4 for clearing that up.

Another reason not to endure the shame of a subpanel.

I don't know what's shameful about using a subpanel.

I was just "playing along" with Bud who I assumed was recapping odd

comments
he's seen people make about subpanels. If I misunderstood you, Bud, I
apologize in advance.

There is a certain party here who has that opinion of subpanels, telling
RBM he did schlocky work because he has a subpanel in his house. The
same person has strong opinions about k&t, insurance, and some other
subjects.

As I thought. Thanks for being circumspect about it and not mentioning
names. Things have been remarkably civil here in AHR of late. Of course,
my blocked senders list is growing like kudzu . . .

--
Bobby G.