Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default O/T: And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

Swingman wrote:

Like blues fiddle? Look around iTunes for an album by Tom Rigney,
"Back Porch Blues" ... blues fiddle that will knock your socks off
(had the privilege of playing with/recording some of the best in the
business, and this guy is worth a listen!)

I did listen. You are a lucky guy!

Here's is a new one I ran across at Amazon. Tune Tramp: Erynn Marshall.

The most-played, wornout and ragged, digital album recording my wife and
I share is John Hartford's, "Hamilton Ironworks".

make sure you check-out
some "Klezmer" music too! I haven't listened to a great deal of it, but
it "tickles my ear!"

If you like clarinet, ya gotta like Klezmer. (love the Freylachs in
particular).

Very nice. It makes wonder it the clarinet originated in that part of
the world?

I played clarinet in junior high. Not very well, but towards the end, I
started to understand how to read the sharps and flats! What a "stupid
notational system"! ; )
The gal in the next chair over was trying to explain to me how it
worked, but I found it incredulous--it couldn't be true, could it!

Actually recorded quite a bit of Klezmer in years past. With a large
Jewish population, many local musicians here in Houston (mostly
trained union guys playing in the local orchestras/big bands)
moonlight in the many Klezmer groups around town as a way of staying
out of a day job.

I just listened to about 20 minutes of it. I like it just fine! : )

Bill