Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HP IC, Unobtanium ?

" Have you ask for a quote from the 100+ companies that won't give you
a price online. "

You mean the ones you send your email address to and if they ever come up with one you have to buy 100,000 of them ? No, I didn't bother doing that.

" I found a couple of others looking to replace the same ic in the same

scope. You might be better off building it yourself, for reliability. "

Not a bad idea really. Any one I get now would be used. The problem now is finding the right MOSFETs. I bet recalibrating it will be loads of fun. Actually it might not be all that bad. The HF response will probably be better if anything. I might have to remove some of the peaking caps or something if they won't adjust down enough. Then if the gain is really up there of course then I might need to change some resistors. They got the internal 50 ohm changeed to a 47, but that won't mean **** to differential mode. I hope the static plate voltages come close enough ! Then comes getting the thing straight.