Hamish Marson

Default LED domestic lighting

Mary Fisher wrote:

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

Prior to antiboitics, it was used to treat VD.

I remember Golden Eye Ointment ... ah, those were the days!

To treat VD?

Golden Eye Ointment - EYE Ointment ... for the eyes ... it contained Hg as
I remember.

Lots of eye ointments still do contain mercury. For example treatment of
conjunctivitis. Mercury is also used as a preservative in some contact lens
cleaners (Small yellow bottle. Can't remember the name. My optician told me
to stop using it, and it may be banned by now... )

Then there was gripe water which soothed babies because of its alcohol
content. if it didn't work on the babies the mothers drank it. They took
that off the market too. Spoil everything, The Authorities.

Really? My kids had that (And so did I apparently), and it was only 9 years
ago (In NZ then though) when we were buying it (Beer was cheaper though .

Mary

--
geoff

--

I don't suffer from Insanity... | Linux User #16396
I enjoy every minute of it... |

http://www.travellingkiwi.com/ |