Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Replacing Selenium rectifiers

fired this volley in
:

And then the "home" battery chargers - those that used Selenium or
copper oxide rectifiers - were ALL half wave. I replaced a few with
full wave bridges and they would boil a battery dry in a heartbeat.

That's pure BS, Clare. I've also used and repaired battery chargers for
nigh-on 52 years. They are ALL full-wave center-tapped, except for those
teensy little 2A maintenance chargers.

You either aren't saying what you mean, or don't understand a full-wave
rectifier like you think you do.

You can get full-wave without a 'bridge' -- just TWO diodes... and that
ain't half-wave.

Lloyd