Posted to rec.woodworking
Morgans Morgans is offline

Default Chainsaw recommendations

"Mike Marlow" wrote
You are well advised to follow that plan sir. I use ethanol shields and
they have worked very well so far, but it is still better to use fuel that
does not contain ethanol. Even with the ethanol shields, natural rubber
gas lines decay, seals decay, etc. It's not worth the trouble to use the
junk. As you say - just buy non-ethanol gas and be rid of all of the
ethanol problems.

In addition, I have had the metal in some small engine carburetors all but
dissolve using E10. They form a powdery type of corrosion that plugs up the
small passages and jets, then you might as well throw them away. Expensive.
--
Jim in NC

---