Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Dacon[_6_] Tom Dacon[_6_] is offline

Default Chainsaw recommendations

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message ...

They do! I know because that's what I bought for my wife for Christmas a
couple of years ago when she made the mistake of saying that she wanted a
"girly chainsaw". I bought her a 170. It was under $200, and I gotta tell
you - I love that little saw. It is so much better to limb with than my
361! Lightweight, maneuverable, doesn't get all caught up in the branches
like my long bar on my 361. It's good for blocking wood up to about 8" in
diameter or so, and then it starts to show its size. It will still cut
bigger pieces, but it's working harder to do it. But like I said for
limbing - it's the cat's meow.

That sounds like a good recommendation.

Thanks, Mike.

Tom