Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Chainsaw recommendations

On Wed, 26 Feb 2014 11:50:47 -0500, "EXT"
wrote:

"BillinGA" wrote in message
I would vote for Stihl also. I like to purchase 100% gasoline...not
anything with an ounce of ethanol in it. Others have good luck with
Stabil or like additives. As posters above point out...drain the gas if
used infrequently. I drain gas tanks on 2 stoke devices I can easily flip
over...large 4 strokes like mowers or tillers I put a cut off valve in the
gas line and run them until they die from lack of fuel. Purists may point
out starving an engine struggling to run is lean/harmful...no problems so
far. All start on first pull with the addition of fresh fuel next time
used.

I have learned to never use ethanol gas in single cylinder engines,
especially the small ones. I have a Honda baby tiller 4 cycle engine that
will NOT run with ethanol gas, but put premium ethanol free gas and it will
purr like a kitten. I now use it in my Honda 4 cycle string trimmer and it
starts instantly. I use it in my lawn mower, snow blower and other small
engines and they all seem to start and run better. It will be used in my
chain saw when spring comes -- with the addition of 2 cycle oil.

I have no trouble with E10 in my small engines, including Honda lawn
mower, Crapsman tractor, Generac pressure washer, and 4-cycle
trimmer/blower/brush cutter/edger. Works fine in all. Starts fine,
even in the spring after sitting for six months. I just change the
oil, top off the fuel, and pull.