Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Commercial water heater in home

On 2/25/2014 9:32 PM, Ignoramus9393 wrote:
I bought a used water heater at an auction (at a defunct Grainger
warehouse). Model G91-200-1.

Here's a link to this model's description:

http://www.grainger.com/product/RHEE...r-Heater-6E743

I bid on it without thinking too much, because it looked expensive. I
would like to ask if a heater like this can be used at my home.

My home water heater is old and needs to be replaced at some point,
and I thought that it would be a very nice high end replacement,
providing a lot of hot water.

The heater that I bought was installed in 2011.

How can I evaluate its condition (I know that it works, but this is
all I know), and generally can this be used at home? I am quite
ignorant about plumbing and water heaters, I only installed one of
them in my life (at my warehouse).

Thanks

Probably won't be very efficient. Pour a couple of gallons of white
vinegar in with some hot water and let it sit for a while to loosen any
scale and flush it well.