Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] ggherold@gmail.com is offline

Default Replacing Selenium rectifiers

On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:45:30 AM UTC-5, Jim Wilkins wrote:
wrote in message

Hello Jim, I don't know about the mastech switching supplies. But
the linear supplies have a "feature" that disables the output if the
load is too small... It won't source current into a dead short.
However if you send an email to Mastech they'll tell you which diode
to 'snip' to disable this "feature".
And then it's a pretty nice supply for the money.
(we resell a one of the Mastech.)

George H.

=====================

This PS-305DM which I bought locally is branded "Option Tools". It
just forced 0 to 5A into a dead-short dual banana jumper with the
output voltage at 24mV (jumper removed).

What does Mastech say about switching ranges with the 1A/5A pushbutton
while under load?

Hmm is the PS-305dm a switcher or linear? (I went to a few web pages but couln't tell.)

I only really know about the mastech linear supplies.
this one (30 V at 5A) has no switch,
http://www.mastechpowersupply.com/dc...5d/prod_3.html

We use their 50V 3A linear supply. It would 'crap out' with a load of 5 ohms or less.

George H.

jsw