Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] darrenhorsey@gmail.com is offline

Default Noisy combi boiler? (Ideal Logic 24)

I fit around 40 of these boilers a year and am an accredited installer. Chasing pipe work into the wall or taking pipes outside is madness.. These boilers are one of the quietest on the market. Obviously boilers make noise but not like a 747.
You either have air or crap in the system or a faulty boiler. I had a customer with a noisy Boiler and Ideal came straight out & replaced the gas valve..(these boilers come with a 7-5 year warranty..
If fitted properly they won't be noisy, that's one of the reasons we Powerflush a system. If there's a whooshing noise when the boiler fires then it's a faulty gas valve or the gas pipe work is undersized..
If there's a high pitched noise whilst boiler is working then it's either air in the pump or the fan squeeling.. The pump can be bleed of air, if it's the fan then it's an Ideal problem.
Don't put up with a noisy boiler!!!
The old chestnut ' I can't guarantee the system I only fitted the boiler' is a crock of crap..
If an installer has fitted the boiler & it's making a noise get them back to sort it..
We make enough money to be able to warrant a happy customer!!
Ideal Logic boilers are fantastic for the money..