Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Was my house vibrating, or was it me?

Rebel1 wrote:
After a 16-hour drive from Jacksonville, Florida, to central N.J., I
fired up my computer. While sitting at it, I sensed a vibration in the
floor of my slab home. Turned off the heating system, but the vibration
remained, not only in the computer room but in other rooms and even
outside on my front paver bricks. I pressed one ear against a floor, but
didn't hear anything out of the ordinary. I continued to sense the
vibrations for another two hours until I went to sleep. When I awoke there were none.

My neighbor across the street said she didn't feel anything during the hours I did.

Years ago, I would get apparent air pressure vibration. It was about 8 hz,
near Schumann earth resonance. It would occur during the day. Lasted only
15-20 seconds. My doors would shake. Seemed like when it happened it was
late afternoon. My neighbor never noticed it. I figured it was some kind of
heavy factory equipment down over the hill. I always looked for a
helicopter, but none around.

Greg