Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default I Need Ideas For A Mailbox Flag

Dean Hoffman " wrote:
On 2/25/14 4:56 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
"WW" wrote:
How about a flip down marker attached on the bottom. To look like you
want. A magnet to hold it up against the bottom when not needed? WW

Some cut.

You know, your idea just sparked another idea. The idea of "hiding" the
flag is brilliant.

In order to mount the mailbox on my siding, I had to use a spacer for the
bottom bracket. That means there's a narrow gap behind the bottom half of
the mail box. I could install a flag that slides out sideways, flat against
the wall. A black flag against the white house.

I know the walking route that my mail carrier takes between my house and
the neighbor's, so as long as the flag slides out from the left side of the
mailbox, she'll see it easily.

I'm going to think about those 2 ideas and see which one I like better.
Thanks!

Would hiding your indicator inside the box work? Maybe drill a
hole or cut a slit in the bottom? Drop the indicator when you want the carrier to stop.

I'm not sure I want to put something inside the box, possibly creating an
obstruction and making it harder for the mail carrier to place the mail
inside. I guess I could install a false back, creating a smooth surface but
that would take up real estate. It's certainly something to consider.
Thanks.