Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_5_] Graham.[_5_] is offline

Default Door Bell Transformer

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 16:03:06 -0000, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:

"charles" wrote in message
. ..

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Graham. was thinking very hard :
On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 07:24:54 +0000, Mike Barnes
wrote:

Graham. wrote:
Wireless bells are for the lazy and feckless ;-)

And gardeners. :-)

No, that's a legitimate use, I should have said bell-pushes not bells.

Talking of which, try carrying your wired doorbell to the far end of
the back garden and have work - mine does lol

in my case its about 90m. Yes, the wireless one works.

You used to be able to get 'wind up' bells, single hole fixing through
centre of the door. To wind up you grasped the bell itself and rotated. They
had the advantage of 'memory' in that if some one had rung the bell while
you were out, and you made the habit of winding it as you left the house,
you were aware as it was slightly 'unwound'.

Low energy, easy to fit, nice sound, no wires - lots of advantages

Andrew

They are still made, but at that price my callers can knock.

http://www.handystores.co.uk/index.p...hite-dome.html