Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Fl murderer convicted in loud music

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 15:03:01 -0500, "83LowRider"
wrote:

Oren wrote:

Double jeopardy is when you've been found innocent.
Once found innocent of a crime, you cannot be later
charged with that same crime.

Might better check that. State and Federal law; coupled with "dual
jurisdiction".

Innocent in a state does not prevent the feds from taking action IF
the crime is on a federal reservation / property.

Normally, the LEO agencies will determine who prosecutes. It can
happen is both jurisdictions.

I realize there are exceptions for every rule, but DJ exists for a
reason. I do not know of a single case doesn't mean there isn't
one where a person has been found innocent of a specific crime,
only to be charged again with that same exact crime.

We are getting into the tall grass. I'm getting lost.

"Innocent" is not a verdict rendered by a jury in a court of
jurisdiction. The verdict is "not guilty" or "guilty".

A state DA can make the choice to not charge you, same with the Feds.
You can still be sued under federal law. An example; alleged crime, is
"brutality" _under color of law_. The state does not charge, feds do
not charge, but the brutality violation can be brought by the
defendant making the allegation - using Civil Rights violations.

I was sued for brutality once but never charged criminally by the
state or the feds. The defendant dropped his case because he was
****ing up a rope. There was nothing brutal, in the tune-up
adjustment he received.

Keep in mind that elements of a state or federal crime can vary. Those
elements allow one to be tried for the same incident (crime) by using
a different element under the laws - both state or fed.

Are we confused yet ...G