Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes[_2_] Mike Barnes[_2_] is offline

Default Door Bell Transformer

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Mike Barnes wrote:
The bell at our main entrance has what I'd regard as a fairly normal
bell transformer and I've just metered it at 3W. At the other door is a
battery-operated bell which needs two D cells about every ten years. So
obviously batteries win on cost grounds but I regard the illumination of
the main door bell push, and the reassurance it offers when pressed, to
be worth the small amount I pay.

Err, compare like for like.

I was actually *contrasting* them.

If you used your illuminated bell push with
the batteries they'd be flat in short order. Similarly that 3W would be
drastically reduced without an illuminated push.

Obviously.

--
Mike Barnes
Cheshire, England