Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] kafoster955@gmail.com is offline

Default How do I Unthaw yard hydrant underground?

I got a 2 foot small white hose (like the one used behind refrigerators for water), and a squeezie bottle. Cut a hole in the top on the bottles lid and push the white hose into it only about 1/2 inch. Put glue around to seal. Pop off lid of squeezy bottle (with hose connected) and 1/2 fill with table salt and 1/2 boiled water. Shake as best as possible. Then put lid back on bottle. Go to hydrant, push hose end up into faucet of hydrant. And prop bottle upside down (like an intervense) and start squeezing mixture into hydraunt. Mix bottle frequent between squeezes to make sure salt mixture doesn't clog. If it does, blow out salt in hose and start again. This make take a couple tries, but it works.