Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default Door Bell Transformer

"harryagain" wrote in
:

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
I used to have a separate doorbell transformer. During some kitchen
work
the electrician fitted a new transformer inside the consumer unit. I
can now hear a (50Hz)buzz in the bedroom above.

At the moment I am not fit enough to do any streching to try
relocating it or trying to mechanically isolate it. I am wondering it
an electronic voltage reduction device is available that could be
smaller and not liable to vibrate.
The door bell - is a load buzzer.

The other good news is that they use electricity all the time.
Whereas a battery operated doorbell only uses power when a finger is
on the button.

I wish I had stopped the electrician before he started rewiring it as
part of a kitchen extension!

--

DerbyBorn