Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff[_2_] Brian Gaff[_2_] is offline

Default Door Bell Transformer

Dunno but transformers buzz as do ballasts etc running at 50 hz, so if you
know the voltage and current needed for the device I'm sure a suitable
switch mode module will be available, but don't then moan if all the radios
in the house are prone to interference.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
I used to have a separate doorbell transformer. During some kitchen work
the electrician fitted a new transformer inside the consumer unit. I can
now hear a (50Hz)buzz in the bedroom above.

At the moment I am not fit enough to do any streching to try relocating it
or trying to mechanically isolate it. I am wondering it an electronic
voltage reduction device is available that could be smaller and not liable
to vibrate.
The door bell - is a load buzzer.

--

DerbyBorn