Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default Door Bell Transformer

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
I used to have a separate doorbell transformer. During some kitchen work
the electrician fitted a new transformer inside the consumer unit. I can
now hear a (50Hz)buzz in the bedroom above.

At the moment I am not fit enough to do any streching to try relocating it
or trying to mechanically isolate it. I am wondering it an electronic
voltage reduction device is available that could be smaller and not liable
to vibrate.
The door bell - is a load buzzer.

The other good news is that they use electricity all the time.
Whereas a battery operated doorbell only uses power when a finger is on the
button.