Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Door Bell Transformer

In article 6,
DerbyBorn writes:
I used to have a separate doorbell transformer. During some kitchen work
the electrician fitted a new transformer inside the consumer unit. I can
now hear a (50Hz)buzz in the bedroom above.

At the moment I am not fit enough to do any streching to try relocating it
or trying to mechanically isolate it. I am wondering it an electronic
voltage reduction device is available that could be smaller and not liable
to vibrate.
The door bell - is a load buzzer.

They are just a small regular transformer in a DIN-rail mounting case.

I made a switched mode one by transplaning a switched mode PSU from
a wall wart to a DIN-rail case, but this was because I needed a
regulated power supply.

You can buy DIN-rail mounting switched mode power supplies, but the
price is through the roof.

--
Andrew Gabriel