Carlo Robazza

Default Off-center turning - determining fault

faceplate

I mentioned above... Last week I was in a store that had the Delta Midi and
Jet Mini side-by-side. The jet had no "wobble" and the delta did. I put the
delta's faceplate on the Jet and it spun true. I put the Jet's faceplate on
the Delta and it had the same wobble.

Is it possible that they've had a bad run of the Midi lately? I bought mine
last October. I pick it up after being in the shop for a warranty
replacement of the shaft to see if it fixes the wobble. I'm keeping my
fingers crossed but I'm not too hopeful. I'll report in with my findings.

Carlo.

"HobGobSnakyWaky" wrote in message

"MsSilver" wrote in message

I tested it by putting the tool rest very close to the faceplate (to

serve
as a fixed reference) and manually turning the spindle. The gap between

the
two varied almost a millimeter.

Just done this myself and got a similar result, I don't know if the
faceplate a perfectly round though.

At this point if anyone should ask I would recommend against buying a

Delta
Midi lathe. And based on the repair time, against buying any Delta

tools.

If only you'd posted that a month ago, I could have saved myself a lot of
bother

Stuart