Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Gill Bill Gill is offline

Default The quality of lumber

I have a little project in mind, but I need a bit of
1 X 4 to do it with. So yesterday I stopped by the nearest
home supply to get one. They had the rattiest selection of
1 X 4s I have ever seen. They were #3 S4S (square four sides),
but I don't think a one of them had all 4 corners the full length.
They did have some 1 X 8s that were fairly clean looking
so I got one of those. I suppose I could have gone on over
to Lowes, but I don't have much faith they would have had
anything any better. I'll have to rip the 1 X 8s down, but
I would have had to rip the 1 X 4s too, so that isn't a big
problem.

Of course the first problem will be to clean up the shop so
I can work out there. I have done a number of small projects
that didn't need much space, so I have just been shoving
things out of the way. To do a proper job I really need
to do a complete clean up.

Bill