Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Magnastat soldering iron bits users in the UK , here?

On 24/02/2014 12:08, Chris Jones wrote:
On 20/02/2014 02:41, N_Cook wrote:
I got the nice man at Hedge End, England RS counter to check and no 24V
bits or heaters. Just as well I checked my spares status, bits no
problem as I can make my own brand ones easily, but what I thought was a
spare element was a spare new switch.
So I'll have to look into determining what W/W resitor/s to unwind or
resistance wire, for 24V 50W, plus fire cement and strips of mica to
make one. I cannot see me moving over to Metcal

I think the bloke at Hedge End might not be too good at searching.

Heaters are supposedly in stock:
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/solder...ories/0661986/
Admittedy not cheap, but your time winding one might be worth more.

Tips are in stock also, e.g.:
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/solder...-tips/0661447/

Chris

I'm not sure its that simple and what is a " hoof ", not at all obvious
the RS listings tally with Weller , especially the all important curie
temperature settings, probably a lot of farting about
then
"
This item is from our Extended Range This item is from our Extended Range

Orders for Extended Range items with a total value of less than
£100 are subject to a shipping & handling charge of £10
Delivery within 5-10 working days, subject to supplier's
availability. For quantity discounts call "