Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - van door latch

On 2/23/2014 7:31 PM, Dean Hoffman
wrote:
You should pay yourself more. Ya know the old saying that you get
what you pay for.
Someone else mentioned binding. Maybe the lube is covering up
the actual problem. Would a file solve your problem?

I'm too poor to pay myself any more.

Don't know about the file. I had a lock
I worked on, couple weeks ago. Sluggish, so
I spray lubed it. Worked fine for about a
week. Had to take it off the door, blast it
out with solvent, and relube. Then, it worked.

I suspect this old latch is full of old lube,
and keeps drying up. This week coming up is
supposed to be snow and bitter cold, so I'll
keep applying WD every day or two, to get by.

Thanks for an idea, might be what's needed.

--
..
Christopher A. Young