Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default I Need Ideas For A Mailbox Flag

On 02/23/2014 03:28 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Ok, time for some creative design work.

I just installed this mailbox and now I need a flag for it.

http://site.comforthouse.com/yswimages/smallmailbox.jpg

My mail carrier (who says she really likes the new mailbox) said that if I
just put a clothes pin on it the lid, she'll know that there's outgoing
mail. I'd rather have something a bit nicer than a clothes pin. Over the
past few years we've changed the door handles, light fixtures, house
numbers and now the mailbox to brushed nickel/stainless steel. The mailbox
is mounted on a white wall.

When I used a wall mounted mailbox I used a binder clip to hold outgoing
mail. Worked great, and was low profile enough so that the lid would
still close with it clipped on to the top edge of the open box.

Jon