Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default O/T: And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

jo4hn wrote:
On 2/22/2014 8:47 PM, Bill wrote:
Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 2/21/2014 7:21 PM, Bill wrote:
woodchucker wrote:
On 2/21/2014 8:16 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/20/2014 9:55 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
It started life as O/T; however, somewhere along the way,
O/T was removed by the software or perhaps a responder.

fify

For the ignorant (me) what is fify?

Thanks for asking Jeff. I was clueless to.
Maybe we should rename this newsgroup rec.woodworking.hood,
or rec.gangsta.woodworking and see if we attract any new visitors!
: )

Gang'sta, that's fiddy cent, not fify cent. LOL

Ya betta have a dolla in your pocket if you hit the Rockler store;
If ya show up with fitty-cent they only gonna send you to the door.

Festool friend Festool foe Festool green Domino!
Put it down! Can't touch this!

Can you play me another verse peoples?

Country blues (in the spirit of Blind Lemon Jefferson)?

The saw I love stands 3 feet from the ground;
The saw I use stands 3 feet from the ground;
She sings when she happy, and her cutting it ain't too loud.

She's 3 time 7, she knows what she wants to do;
Give her a 4 by 8, she shows what she's suppose to do;
But if you play her stupid, she may change yer life for you.

They say the eagle flies on Friday, but I'm too tired to dance;
They say the eagle flies on Friday, but my landlord took my rents;
He asked me for a dollar and I kept fify cents.

I took it to Rockler, my nearby woodworking store;
I took it to Rockler, my favorite Festool store;
I showed it to the salesman, and he showed me to the door.

:-)

Thanks for your support John. Not too long ago, in a thread related to
"building your own air compressor", we were talking about how times have
changed over the years; about how so many are so utterly dependent on
the skills of others to provide them with every little thing. It wasn't
mentioned at the time, but this even includes their entertainment. This
sort of music is surely a bit old-fashioned for modern folk culture,
but I think it reasonably accompanies the lively spirit of old hand
tools. This whole matter is a bigger subject than it appears on the
surface, but to the extent that I have pursued it, it yields a more
than mildly-interesting glimpse into the past. A moment I found "rather
eerie" was when I found myself singing a song to myself that most folks
alive most-probably never heard. To borrow the cliche, I "saw a ghost".