Joe Fleming

Default Vicmarc Chuck

For what it is worth, I have one of the newer VM120 chucks and it does have
a locking set screw on the insert. I bought a spanner wrench with a pin to
engage the insert. I have actually used that wrench and an "enforcer" pipe
for additional leverage. I put the key in the chuck for the other handle.
I did all of this on the spindle, but not tightened on the spindle. By
screwing the chuck partially on the spindle, it acts like a third hand.

Joe Fleming - San Diego
====================================
"Herman Levee" wrote in message
.. .
Need some help to change spindle adaptor on 33/4 Vicmarc from 1-8tpi to
11/4-8 tpi. I find the old adaptor very tight and am afraid to do damage

if
I force it. Is there some hidden set screw that I cant see. I E mailed
Vicmarc but havnt gotten an answer. The co. that I purchased the adaptor
from is closed for the next week while at the AAW in CA.Any help would be
appreciated.
Herman
Levee