Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone Dave Balderstone is offline

Default Make a Mallet (Shopnotes)

In article m, Lew
Hodgett wrote:

There will always be a high end market.

The question remains, "Can you afford it?"

And there are places for the cheap crap. My brother works as a high
steel welder. One of the companies he works for buys $40 angle grinders
for work on site. Why? Because they grow legs and trip into the back of
people's trucks.

But I think a lot of people simply have no clue that when a tool is
advertised as "just like the pros use" it doesn't mean "professional
quality work by people who are proud of their skill and craft", it
means "anybody who can convince somebody else to part with some money".

My $0.02...

--
³Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness
sobered, but stupid lasts forever.² -- Aristophanes