Posted to alt.home.repair
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Homeowner Insurance Question

On Saturday, February 22, 2014 3:34:04 PM UTC-5, ChairMan wrote:
I'm currently insured with Safeco and my rates went up over $575 a year, so

I'm shopping it around.

I've got a quote from MetLife on my home and cars and i really like the

price. Does anyone have any experience with Metlife?

Good or bad? Do they pay well with little hassle? Not planning any claims,

I've only had 3 claims in 25 years. I know Safeco is a good company, but I'm

not real happy with the big increase

Opinions?

We had our farm, house, and cars insured with State Farm for years. Then they sent us a letter saying that they weren't insuring farms in Maryland anymore. I sent a reply suggesting that they change their name to State No Farm but never heard back on that. We went with Brethren Mutual after shopping around a bit but I don't know if they're in your area. Google around for a home insurance comparison website or ask your neighbors who they use.

Paul