Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus26524 Ignoramus26524 is offline

Default Update on eight semi-trailers

On 2014-02-22, wrote:
On Sat, 22 Feb 2014 14:21:04 -0600, Ignoramus26524

On 2014-02-22, dpb wrote:
On 2/21/2014 9:24 PM, Ignoramus24287 wrote:

I calculated risk and reward of driving them to a scrap yard 1.5 miles
away, after evaluating their condition (brakes freed up but not working).

The reward outweighed the risk.

As long as didn't get caught...

I'd guess if had on even one it would've changed the outcome
drastically...at least here they'd charge mightily for even the smallest
infraction and an inoperable brake would likely be big bucks...

I suppose if the distance is short enough and back-roadsy enough odds of
pull-over were pretty low.

The odds of a pull-over are low, the brakes looked legitimate, the
fine should be manageable. Plus if you go to court, they may as well
forgive you, it happened to me with the overweight ticket.

With an EMPTY trailer, on the way to the scrap yard, you'd have a much
better chance than with a loaded trailer, for sure.

I would certainly not load them with anything.