Old Nick

Default Backhoe DID show up, accuracy did not...

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 04:41:06 GMT, "John Moorhead"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Folks -

Okay, well the pad is scraped and the backhoe fellow has started on the
trenching. Only problem is that on the first long wall, he kinda veered off
of the marked line and now needs to trench over about a FOOT for about 15 of
the 36 feet. This afternoon I ended up putting the batterboards back up and
re-marking all of my cutlines and checking things for square. rrrrrrrr.....

Sorry, but is this a trench for the engineered foundation of a
structural wall? As in house..brick etc?

If so, it might be worth checking the ramifications of the trench not
being in "native soil" any more, because it's being dug right
alongside and into a recently filled trench. A lot depends on soil
type, but this can matter a lot. Even in nice yellow sand soil, I
would be considering compaction of the errant trench.

I could be wrong, but "they" are pretty serious on that one.

It's not the milk and honey we hate. It's having it
rammed down our throats.