Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fl murderer convicted in loud music

On Thursday, February 20, 2014 10:39:53 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 17:26:30 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 20:00:17 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 17:09:07 -0500, Kurt Ullman

wrote:

The outstanding charge is really bad news for Dunn who could still be freed

if he wins at appeal. He could win on appeal but lose again on murder one

at a retrial. Frankly, I don't think he can win on appeal because the state

had some pretty big guns on the case.

Yeah and big guns never misfire.

Dershowitz was on CNN saying Dunn has a fairly good chance of getting

the attempted murder charges tossed but firing into an occupied

vehicle will still hold up.

With the 10-20 life law, this may all be academic anyway. 20 or 25

years is still going to make him a very old man when he gets out of

jail.

Dershowitz also said the murder one beef was a huge mistake. With

murder 2 Angie only needed to convince 6 jurors, not 12.

It is still going to be 25 to life.

Firing the gun is what gets him the mandatory time. I very much doubt

that Corey will not seek that, at least or even waive it.

As you well know in Florida, "use a gun and you're done".

After seeing her with the warning shot lady, I have no doubt she will

push the 10,20,25/life on any felony she can make stick.

That is why this could have been a slam dunk if she wasn't

showboating.

It still looks like a slam dunk to me, if you want what I think
most people would consider justice, as it's applied around most
of the USA. Kind of funny. I've moved more in your direction,
after learning the details of the 10/20 law. From what I see, he
has a min of 20 years on just using a gun and firing it. IMO,
that sentence alone is about right compared to what is handed out
in similar circumstances for an actual murder like what happened
and he was not convicted of murder at all. If someone get into
an argument, winds up killing a spouse or someone on the street,
not unusual for 20 years to be the total sentence, assuming they
have no priors, there was no underlying planned crime, eg robbery,
etc.

In this case, you have at least 20 plus whatever he gets sentenced
to for the attempted murder charges for firing into the car. That
could easily be 20 more. What this guy did was bad and could have
been avoided. But for a spur of the moment, stupid thing that a
guy with no priors did, how much do you want? What's next, the
death penalty?

And IMO, the whole system of law and it's administration there needs
to be looked at. That crazy sentence of 20 years for the black lady
who fired a warning shot is just nuts. It's worse than NYC, where anyone
caught with an illegal gun has a mandatory 3 year sentence. So, you
have some 80 year old WWII vet, no record, someone breaks into his
house, he shoots them, and now he faces 3 years because he had an
old revolver in his house? It's also snagged
folks who legally checked their guns with airlines flying from say
FL to Maine to go hunting. Because of weather, they miss their
connection at JFK and have to stay overnight. The airline gives
them their luggage back and they go off to a hotel, never thinking
that their legal gun, unloaded, inside a gun case, inside their
luggage is a problem. Next day they go back to the airport, walk up
to check in, present the gun as required, and the airline calls the
cops and off to jail they go.