Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus24287 Ignoramus24287 is offline

Default Update on eight semi-trailers

On 2014-02-21, azotic wrote:

"Ignoramus17561" wrote in message
Five out of 8 did not have titles. I declined to buy them, as scrap
yards are reluctant to take them without titles.

Smart move.

Well, in the end, the scrap yard did not care. (like you would expect)

The three ones I bought, had frozen brakes and were difficult to yank
out of snow piles. But we did it with a "train" of my pickup, forklift,
and the semi tractor itself. We were the only ones who could to it by
ourselves, all other buyers had to pay tow trucks or a huge loader.

Did you take any pics for posterity? The great winter of 14.

No, but I regret, I should have taken a video, this would be a fun
video.

All three were driven to a scrap yard, where they are resting in
peace right now. It was funny to watch the trail of rust falling off
as these old junkers were bouncing on potholes.

Best Regards
Tom.