John Moorhead

Default Backhoe DID show up, accuracy did not...

Folks -

Okay, well the pad is scraped and the backhoe fellow has started on the
trenching. Only problem is that on the first long wall, he kinda veered off
of the marked line and now needs to trench over about a FOOT for about 15 of
the 36 feet. This afternoon I ended up putting the batterboards back up and
re-marking all of my cutlines and checking things for square. rrrrrrrr.....

He spent most of the morning pulling out a vexing stump that blocked the
backyard. The tree was rotten through, but you'd never know it from the
stump. Lawdy! I ended up pulling out a section of fence so that he could
dig around it. Ended up with a pit more than a yard square and deep. I
don't feel so bad about 1) busting my shovel handle in my puny attempt at
digging it out and 2) my bro- in-law not being able to pull it with his
truck and a tow strap.

Anyway, the yard is secure, and I have posted a couple of pics of the day's
progress in ABPW. I hope things go better tomorrow.

John